Website Updates & Evaluation

In this post, I will show the final updates to my website that I've been working on. 
I'll start from my "Home" tab, to which I made some changes, I decided to remove the contact information (phone number and email) on the advice of my tutor. 

Next, I added information about myself as a content creator and added a subtitle. 

This is what I ended up with:


Next, I updated the information in the "About Me" tab. 
Now I like the description much more:


The next step is the "Portfolio" tab, where I changed the design of some details such as the button and rewrote the explanation text a bit and added a photo with the cover of my project:


When we click on the "Where are you from?" button, we are taken to a detailed explanation and the final look of my project for the magazine (I will add the magazine a little later, because I am still in the process of finishing the work)


If you click the "Back to portfolio" button, the site automatically takes you to the previous page with other future works.

The last page is "Contact me", here I decided to add my photo to visually improve the look and move the contact block to the right:


Also, here is the mobile version of all pages:

Home page


About me page


My Portfolio page


"Where you from?" project page


Contact me page



And Main Menu of the mobile version:


I will now add a list of questions that we will cover in class today to evaluate our website

Website Evaluation 
Planning stage:
What were your initial ideas for creating a website? style / name / template

First, it was not easy to choose a certain specificity for the site. I wanted to put together ideas of project organization, design, writing and photography, so that it would be relevant to the specifics of the media. It was important for me to draw on my own experience and the real skills I already have. In fact, I rewrote the information on my website several times and thought for a long time about what the final result should be to make it summarise me

Do you have a tagline on your website?
Yes, of course. I am interested in journalism and want to do it in the future. My work that will be posted on the site is related to this, so I decided to leave information about my course in Media and Communications and the title "Aspiring Journalist"

Research:
Which designers / artists (relevant to your continuation route) websites did you look for inspiration? 

I was inspired by minimalist and simple designs, because I like everything to look clear and without unnecessary information, pictures or colours. That's why I was inspired by the Preview and Aude Guerrucci websites. The first site is a platform for talented photographers, their work in magazines and exhibitions. The second site is about the photographer and his work, and here I saw how to post photos better.

How many pages did you want to make on your website and why? Did that change as you progressed onto the research / designing stage?

First, I had too many pages, specially pages about my CV or additional information. As I worked on the site, I decided to remove these pages and keep only the main ones: Home, About me, Portfolio + project page and Contacts.

Content:
What is the purpose of your website?

I think the purpose of my website is to show my work and experience in creating information products. That is, it's like one big portfolio that can probably bring me to collaborate with an interested audience in the future.

Who are your potential website users?

In my opinion, this is Generation Z and possibly the Millennial generation. These can be teams that are interested in creating and designing an informational product.

Why do you think it is important to have a digital portfolio website?

Yes. Firstly, it is convenient and fast. You can post absolutely all the necessary information about yourself on your website. When we meet new people, especially who related to our professional development, we can easily share all the information about ourselves through our own website. It also looks professional and attracts people's interest.

Design:
Which design elements / tools did you use? (e.g.: infographics, fixed header, static background image, navigation menu design, text boxes, image galleries, social media feed) and why? 

I used a fixed header and menu expansion. Also fixed was the information placed at the bottom - the transition to my social networks: Instagram and Blogger. I chose Green, Milk and Brown as the main colours. The milk colour was mainly used as a background colour, green complemented the overall visual appearance and was used for buttons and additional blocks, and I used brown for the text. I used buttons for my portfolio page. I added a contact form that is connected to my email so that I can be easily reached.

Navigation:
Does your website have working social media icon links?

Yes

Are your pages connected / interlinked?

Yes, I linked all the buttons that are on that website. These are the buttons on the "Portfolio" page

Is it easy to navigate?

Absolutely easy

Does the “Contact” page / email link work?

Yes, I checked and it works

Testing:

● UX (user experience) testing – get your partner to view your website on their mobile or other digital platform. 

I created a feedback form on Google with a survey about my website and shared the link with my classmates. I received 6 responses, 100% of which were positive. I described a more detailed analysis of each response in the post "Website Feedback and UX Testing"

● Ask your blog buddy for feedback on your blog - done

● If your website is not working on a mobile platform, you will need to go back to the Wix Editor and check that you have enabled the mobile view - done

Comments

  1. Good that you completed this however you still needed to add your progress ion route of Media and communication, this is not a content creator site - this is at present for your work in academic studies of media and communication as I stated when we spoke also I still think you are using a translator as the writing at times has lost your student voice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome post!

Final project: Ideas Generation

Above & Below: Class Practice