Initial Ideas & Planing for Photography project "London Portrait"

In my previous post I did told about photo works of  Helen Levitt witch are really inspired me, so after careful consideration I decided to change my topic of shooting to street style documentary photography. 

I realised that street style is really what I love to make and talk about. Moreover, for me photography is also about expressing of personal point of view on the environment, people, issues. In my project I would love to show how I see normal life in  London streets, on the other words portrait of this city through people. 

Step 1: Planing

First of all, I read again my short book with free and beautiful places to visit in London to remind myself about best options to go with a camera. 


Next, I needed a plan of places in London where I would love to go. I made a list on my phone with my favourite places full of life and a people. 


Of course, all of this place is really a lot and I have a plan to visit only few of those, but it's good to have a reserve options. 

Step 2: Inspirations and ideas 

Usually for my ideas I really love to use Behance, Pinterest or Instagram. This time I decided to open Behance and there is what a Beaty  I found: 

Photo by Juliana Henao

I really like the brightness of this photo and the fact that it shows an everyday moment that makes me want to look deeper and closer. Moreover, this photo illustrates the real life of the city of Newsmaker Cork in the Chinatown area. 

Photo by Anthi Christoforidou

I like the fact that this photo is in black and white and there are a lot of old men playing chess (I think), it highlights a moment of life on a simple street and personally I feel comfortable and calm with this photo. 

Photo by Amar Sokhn

This shot conveys children's joy and happiness, I really like pictures of children, especially when they are playing and smiling, it looks very sincere and conveys the simplicity that adults often forget about.

I really love how James Maher has write about street photography "Street photographers are observers, flâneurs by nature. It is a way of connecting with the world and bringing back the moments that stand out. It can be likened to a visual form of poetry – while beauty and form are important aspects of street photography, great street photographs often have something going on beneath the surface." (Maher, 2022)


Reference:

Maher, J. (2022). Street Photography: a Complete Guide for Beginner to Advanced. [online] New York Photography, Prints, Portraits, Events, Workshops. Available at: https://jamesmaherphotography.com/street_photography/what-is-street-photography/#:~:text=It%20is%20a%20way%20of [Accessed 19 Feb. 2024].




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome post!

Final project: Ideas Generation

Above & Below: Class Practice