Book Cover Creation

Today I will show to you my step-by-step process of creation the cover to my Chapbook. In my previous post I showed my idea of book about Mavka. I see that character as a strong girl with wild personality, but full hard of kindness, as a soul of wild nature with her own values. I had highlight the main factors and description with I would like to describe through my cover book, and there it is:

- tradition 
- something secret, a sense of secrecy
- loneliness
- Reflection of the green colour in the name and overall colour (as it is one of the main symbols of story)

So next I will go to the Canva to create my design to the book.  Here I choose my format "Journal" (as it is the most closer format to my book witch I need) with size 8.5 x 11

Next, I have a white list and some ideas of design on the left:


First of all, I choose the main colours of my cover, which is dark green, dark grey and gold (I also left dark red in case of some details) :

For my main background colour I choose dark green:


Than I was thinking to add some illustration of women, and had few ideas:

First idea

Second idea

Third idea

Fourth idea


Finally, I choose idea #4, but I wanted to have something more interesting on my cover, I read that according to mythology Mavka was wearing some long dress dress made of branches, so I had a idea to make some branches around her head, I have found this beautiful option, and made it from black to same gold colour:



There is left almost final step, I needed a name to my book. I was wandering about something mythic and symbolic. I read again about Mavka in old tradition stories, and I get to know that everywhere she had a green eyes and she is described as a soul of wild forest. So I decides to name my book "The soul with green eyes".
Then I choose really fairy tail font "Adlery Pro" and there is my final result:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome post!

Final project: Ideas Generation

Above & Below: Class Practice