Creating a Chapbook: Initial ideas

Introduction to the project

My next project in this Second term is Chapbook, where I should to create and write my own mini-book and design to that book. I have a plane made a research of examples of others chapbooks and authors, write a step-by-step plan, analyse my target audience to the future chapbook and write authors who inspired me to my work. Thus, my Chapbook will be up to 40 pages, with some of my photography or illustrations.

First of all, there is important to understand what is chapbook and what format could be. "were inexpensive, small, paper-covered booklets that were produced for a newly literate, primarily working class population that could not afford books." (Creechan, 2017).

CHAPBOOKS: LITERATURE OF THE STREETS

According to Creechan there is exist lots of ideas what to write in the chapbook, there is could be songs, ballads, short novels, stories, poems and other topics. Nowadays people are still reading chapbook especially popular short  books for children and student of literature. 

Form and theme

I still thinking about what I would like to write about. In my photo project I did choose expressing of big city and normal people lives. I really love to show sincere feelings and real people life. From books which I read I loved style of writing Dolly Alderton and her book "Everything I know about love". "in her memoir, she vividly recounts falling in love, finding a job, getting drunk, getting dumped, realizing that Ivan from the corner shop might just be the only reliable man in her life, and that absolutely no one can ever compare to her best girlfriends. Everything I Know About Love is about bad dates, good friends and—above all else— realizing that you are enough." (Alderton, 2020) 
Everything I know about love by Dolly Alderton

I love the way of writing the author and expressing the thoughts, way of communication with the reader and honesty of stories. There is not ideal story of life, there is story about mistakes, wrong young decision and growing up with all of it. "She addresses the subjects of illness, loss, and grief very carefully, presenting herself as the friend we’d all hope for in a similar situation. It wasn’t until the last third of the book, when she comes across as the more mature present version of herself with these more in-depth themes, that I was actually able to enjoy her writing. " (Wellock, 2021)

In my own writing I would like to write about story of girl, but I still thing what challenges and plot it would be. There is probably about brave character, story of making decisions and growing up of the personality step by step. 


References:

Alderton, D. (2020). Goodreads. [online] Goodreads. Available at: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/46041465 [Accessed 6 Feb. 2024].

Creechan, L. (2017). University of Glasgow - the Hunterian - Learning - Hunterian Associates Programme - Chapbooks. [online] www.gla.ac.uk. Available at: https://www.gla.ac.uk/hunterian/learning/hunterianassociates/chapbooks/ [Accessed 6 Feb. 2024].

Wellock, H. (2021). Is It Worth the hype? Everything I Know about Love by Dolly Alderton - the Mancunion. [online] mancunion.com. Available at: https://mancunion.com/2021/11/11/everything-i-know-about-love-by-dolly-alderton/ [Accessed 6 Feb. 2024].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome post!

Final project: Ideas Generation

Above & Below: Class Practice