Self study: Photography shoot for photo project "London portrait"

I had a lot of thoughts about my old photography project idea and finally I deсided to re-take my shooting because I wasn't so pleased with my previous work.

So! Today I will show you proses of practical work in my New Photography project. In my post about Photography Research I mentioned about Hellen Levitt, who is famous for her documentary Street Style photography and that inspired me to idea to make a portrait street photography. 

 I used to live in London some time before Leicester and I feel this Citi really close to my personality and especially people who are so different and so beautiful. I had two days in this wonderful city where I was walking a lot. On the end of the day I managed to visit Camden Town, Islington and Borough market. There is some of my favourite place in London where I can feel lots of emotions and London vibes.

So there is result which I got:





For all of this shooting I used my old camera Nikon D3000 and it was on the last weekend around morning and afternoon. For my sittings I used ISO from 200 to 400, F 5.6 and exposure -0.3 or 0.0. 

In this shooting I wanted to show portrait of London, of streets full of people with different emotions, I really focused about beauty of people and how interested could be just moment on the street. 

F5.6, 1/250, ISO 200, exposure 0.0

This photo was made on Islington streets, I really like red shoes of this lady with pink tights and regular beige coats around witch makes a feelings of unusual environment and the joy of bringing something new and exciting into everyday life.

F5.6, 1/250, ISO 200, exposure 0.0

This photo, like most of my other photos, shows the live moment of the street, I like the noise and chaos of graffiti that is happening in the background behind the girl. Also, the fact that there is no one in front of the girl, despite the fact that she is talking to someone, we can understand that she is on the phone, perhaps talking to friend.

F4.5, 1/250, ISO 400, exposure -0.3

I really like how two person in the shadow make some frame around this woman in the centre, she is colourful and looks like a frozen in the moment. Especially the atmosphere is added by the lights of the garland in the background.

F4.5, 1/100, ISO 400, exposure -0.3

I don't really like this photo, because it's not very clear, but here we can look into someone else's life through a window and feel like a part of that life. I find this idea interesting.

F5.6, 1/250, ISO 200, exposure 0.0

The girl in this photo is standing with her back to us and is busy choosing a fruit or vegetable, and to the viewer it looks like she is just inside a large basket of fruit and vegetables and is very busy choosing them. It's a simple photo, but it conveys someone's daily routine and looks colourful.

F4.5, 1/100, ISO 400, exposure -0.3

Perhaps this photo could be more clear, but it is still a very beautiful moment of someone's life at work, which we can immerse ourselves in just by looking at this photo.
F5.6, 1/250, ISO 200, exposure 0.0

This photo is about a bright moment of play and fun of a girl, while adults are too busy with their plans and tasks.

F5.6, 1/250, ISO 200, exposure 0.0

I like the woman in this photo, because she noticed that I was taking her picture, but she wasn't surprised or changed her emotion at all. She just continued smoking and that makes the moment simple and real.

F5.6, 1/250, ISO 200, exposure 0.0

I love the fact that this man has music playing in his headphones while he is choosing a book, during this shot I could hear him singing along and it made me smile and make me happy.

F5.6, 1/100, ISO 200, exposure +0.3

This is my favourite photo from the whole shoot. When I was walking by this boy, his father asked him to sit and wait by the exit and the boy sat down on the floor very upset. The sun was falling directly on him and it looked as if I started to feel these children's emotions and desires. So funny!

F5.6, 1/250, ISO 400, exposure -0.3

There is a similar feeling of childhood in this photo of boys playing football on the streets of Camden Town. It's about the moment in the shot.

F5.6, 1/250, ISO 200, exposure 0.0

The people in this photo were enjoying the sun and the view of the bridge in the city centre. I like that this photo shows one of the most famous places in London, but from an interesting angle.

Reflection 

In overall, I am pleased with my photo works. In some moments it was difficult to me to set up the camera and I got a few blurred photo, but with more practise in the future I can do better. Also unfortunately I made a mistake and ad not all of my photos in the contact sheet, I lost full originally content from my camera and there is left only photo which I did choose. However, now I understand how important right way of creating the contact shit for my future works. Moreover, now I feel that experience of making street style photography is has developed my creativity and way of wives to the people witch was incredibly interesting.

Comments

  1. Good you have added your second shoot with technical detail - well done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome post!

Final project: Ideas Generation

Above & Below: Class Practice